Tuesday, April 24, 2007

April has been one crazy month

I had a chance to watch the Red Sox sweep the Yankees and honestly, I enjoyed every pitch, every hit, every strike out and every home run, after home run, after home run. I am a diehard fan. I love watching the Red Sox and every year it just gets better. I think they can make a serious run for the World Series this year. Even if they don’t make it, I’d be happy. Just being able to watch such a wonderful team with such talent is worth it.

Now with that said, Julio Lugo has to go and we need to get Cabrera back some how, some way. Lugo is not getting the job done at bat or at shortstop. Second, something needs to be done about the backup for centerfield Willie Mo Pena is a wannabe Ortiz and I think he’s twice the size (weight wise). I like Crisp and I think he’s in a slump right now but he has the makings of a good lead off hitter.

In terms of pitching things are going halfway decent. I’m a huge fan of Tim Wakefield, I think he’s an amazing pitcher, but I think at this point it’s time for him to become a closer. That or pitch maybe 4 innings or so, which is what I normally do when I play MVP baseball.

The best thing about baseball, or well just sports in general is it takes your mind off of the awful things that go on in the world such as everything that has happened at Virginia Tech. Being that I live in Richmond which is a hop, skip and jump from Tech, I know a lot of people that have either gone to Tech or have kids that go there. It hit me harder, a lot harder than I thought it would. I’m a Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics and Notre Dame Fighting Irish fan, but a part of me right now is a Virginia Tech fan and I’ll always keep them in my mind.

No comments: