Thursday, April 26, 2007

A sock? Seriously?

I shouldn't even have to bring this up but alas I've been hearing about it all day regarding Curt Schillings bloody sock. Let me start off by saying my opinion of Schilling changes every time he pitches. I like the guy, and I think he's a wonderful pitcher, but thats todays opinion. Openning day if you recall, I didn't think too highly of him.

About the sock, honestly, I could care less and I believe all of Red Sox nation feels the exact same way. They won the world series, Schilling stepped up when he needed to end of story. It's a slow day in sports when the center of everyones attention is on a bloody sock. Get over it, stop talking about it, move on and let's watch some baseball.

With that said, I think the Sox should have kept Trot Nixon and moved him to center field instead of geting Coco Crisp. I also stand by the opinion that Julio Lugo is not a very good baseball player. I had him on my fantasy baseball league because I felt very strongly he'd be a good lead off hitter. Guess what? I was wrong. The Red Sox just need to tighten some things up and make a few tweaks here and there and I think they'll be unstoppable.

No comments: