Thursday, March 8, 2007

Duke is.. well, not very good.

For some reason or another Duke losing tonight does not surprise me. I used to be a Duke fan, well to say, I was more of a fair weather Duke fan. It's something about the way Coach K does things that just rubs me the wrong way. I get the feeling that he knows in the back of his head that he could do just about anything and still be the coach of the Duke Blue Devils.

Back in the day I remember reading articles about how tough of a coach he was after a lose, how he'd say that his players don't deserve to wear the Duke uniform. Honestly, I haven't read an article like that in a long time. Oh well. I think it's safe for me to write Duke off for a while as an ACC powerhouse.

Then again, there really hasn't been any powerhouse teams this year in the ACC or another conference for that matter. I think a lot of people who break down brackets are going to have a tough time deciding the way things will go.

I'll keep up with this ACC tournament and post scores. Once the dance starts I'll keep track of the ACC teams. Why? I grew up in Virginia, do you think I'm really that aware of any other conference?

No comments: