Saturday, March 10, 2007

Going going... gone.. and.. gone again?

Opening day is almost here. I know everyone is looking forward to it, as they should be. Based on what I read Ortiz re-joined the team and hit a homer to right field that traveled past the initial fence and then past a second. Seems to me Big Papi is ready to go.

In other news it seems Mike Timlin is having some problems with his oblique muscles, and it looks like he'll be shut down for the week. Even though Timlin has been in the league for awhile I still feel that he is a really strong closer. I'm glad that Terry Francona decided to rest him for the week. It's better to work on those injuries now in spring training before the regular season.

Other than that the Red Sox look to be pretty primed for opening day 2007. As far as I can tell we have a really good bullpen this year and I think our hitting rotation is going to work out nicely.

Hopefully I can put an update on here soon regarding some of my opinions on some of the other players. Stayed tuned!

No comments: