Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Made in Japan

Boston fans got to see first hand how well that expensive made in Japan pitching machine performs. Truth be told Daisuke Matsuzaka performed fairly well in the three innings he was out there. Honestly, it was never a question as to how good of a pitcher he is, after all Epstein seems to know what he's doing. According to an interview boston.com held with Epstein, "He's got a full arsenal. He's going to be very unpredictable. He can throw any pitch in any count. He's got a lot of different looks."

So I guess time will tell if Dice-K is really going to be ask good as what he's been hyped up to be. Even though yesterday was a good day for him, for me though, the jury is still out. Please excuse my skepticism but as history proves a major problem with pitchers from Japan is that after about one or two seasons hitters figure out their pitches and looks. I hope Dice-K can separate himself from Japanese pitches in the past and can help the Boston to another championship this year.


I think this year is going to be the year that the Red Sox go all the way again. I'll post more on that thought later.

No comments: